Monday, February 23, 2009

Put on your big girl panties!



So I know this sounds like a wierd title for a post about my husband, but after talking, or rather venting with my mother this morning I realize there is no such thing as "big boy undies". When mom had similar annoyances with all the men she has had to deal with in her life. I realize it is a universal problem. They just don't get it. Don't blame me that you wanted up at 4:30 and turned your alarm off. I got up around 6 and woke up MY kids. They are the ones who need to pushed out of bed. NOT the 33 year old ADULT man laying next to me. If you wanted to be out of bed at the buttcrack of dawn then you should have gotten up. Why do I, as your wife, not your mom have to coddle you like a child? While I am deeply in love with this man I don't understand why he thinks the basic rules of adulthood don't apply to him. If there is something you need to do GET UP! I know that God gave men the Preisthood so they had something to be responsible for. But don't his wife and kids apply? Why don't men think like we do?
If your wife has to work today...get up and help get the kids ready to go to school and the sitters. Don't sit and watch the news while she gets ready then rush through prayer so you can be on time while the baby still sleeps and your wife has 5 min to get the baby to the sitters and still make it to work on time.
This is where I get that movie The Break Up with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. When she says "I don't want you to do the dishes I just want you to want to do the dishes!" Where he then answers, "Why would I want to do the dishes?" That's all we really want, am I wrong? The thought to enter his head, maybe I should help. Now, don't get me wrong I know I have a great husband. He plays superdad all afternoon when I have to work and he even has done more cooking than I have in the last few years, but do you have to leave the kitchen an absolute mess when your done? I don't enjoy scraping eggs off the stove on Monday morning after you made breakfast before church on Sunday! All I ask is that you don't blame me because you can't or won't get up when you want, or that you purposefully sleep an extra 20 minutes then yell at the kids because you need to have morning prayer RIGHT now or you'll be late! Get up when you need to so we can enjoy family prayer not have a sour spirit during it!!!!!
Alright I feel bettter now, I thinkk I can move on and have a better day. I love you honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment