Danielle is part of her school's "mock trial" team. That means a group of kids read a court case and then act it out. Today was the Northern AZ Mock Trial Tournanament, held at the Prescott Courthouse. Four schools had teams there to compete. Each has read the same case and they face each other not knowing what side they will be on. I bought her a new suit to wear so she had proper lawyer attire on. Wow did she look professional. She was one of the prosecuters in almost all of the trials. She was so fierce that she had the kids she was cross examining forgetting thier lines and even got an objection by the other attorney. One little girl who was already feeling sick, had to leave the court room after her "time" with Danielle. A friend even said her hands were shaking, that Danielle intimidated her so much. At one time the judge had to tell her to stop so he could talk to her, and then the lawyer her team had as a consultant told ther that in a real trial she would have been held in contempt. A couple of the other teams voted her the fiercest prosecuter there. That's my girl
Any one who knows us know we love to heard and have our side heard, I guess Danielle is no diffrent. I am so proud of her and know (hope) that she will change her mind and want to be a lawyer after all. In the 7th grade she changed her mind and wants to be a teacher. After today though, she is rethinking that. Which makes me happy, maybe then Danny and I have a retirement plan after all! I told Danielle that if she becomes a teacher she would still live at home forever. hehehehehe I just wanted to write a few thoughts about today. I guess forcing her to watch all those episodes of Law & Order were a good thing after all!!! lol
That sounds like so much fun! Way to go Danielle. We are very proud of you.
ReplyDeleteThat is so neat that they give kids those experiences! Yes I am a a blog stalker.
ReplyDelete