Thursday, March 26, 2009

Logorrhea, tonight my family was finally diagnosed!

Even though we have not officially been to the Doctor to get this diagnosed, I know my family suffers from it. I don't think it is deadly or debilitating...at least not to us. The problem might really be to those around us.
It could affect your ears and your emotional well-being. While watching a TV show this evening we all realized we have this, especially after reading my last blog. I think Danielle and I might be the worst, although Kody is a close second.
Danny and Lolo have a smaller case, and Sammy is too young to tell how bad his case of logorrhea is. Although, the older he gets I think he is just as doomed as the rest of us. This morning on the carpool to high school, Danielle and I are still laughing about the bears and 5th period, while holding us 3 fingers. When I asked the boys that


I drive if thier families eat dinner aroung the table and if they have as much fun as we do? One, who is a little more serious and even though I love his family they are a little too worried about what everyone else thinks of them, he says that yes they do eat together, but they don't act like idiots. I was appalled! I asked him who ever puts the Oquists and idiot together??? Apparently his family, maybe the logorrhea has affected us so



bad we do not realize how we effect others who are around us. When I was laughing about our dinners with a friend from work, she asked if we always have these skits at our house, they're not skits they are the way we really talk!!! But yes, there is always stand up comedy at our house. It appears every night and morning, without warning a comedy act will just spring up!!! Back to the carpool this morning, when the kids got out I looked at the boy and said, "Bob, (name has been changed to protect the non-diagnosed) I feel sorry for your family that they can't break loose and have fun!" Of course I laugh so he knows I'm not dead serious.
Without blinking he replies,"Oh, we have alot of fun, we just know how to do it with out making idiots of ourselves!" There is that word again!!! "Maybe you guys ust don't know how to have fun without being stupid!"
So I ask has this problem gotten out of control, do we really effect others this way? Are we really idiots? Thank goodness I work tomorrow so I can ask Dr. Bryan if we really have this, logorrhea, and if there is help for the Oquist family! What is your opinion, do we suffer from

LOGORRHEA-noun- log-or-rhea, excessive and often incoherent talkativeness or wordiness

Or do we just enjoy a good time and hope everyone else has fun when we're around?

1 comment:

  1. Logorrhea, hmmm never heard of it, but I believe that is a suitable descriptive name for your family and antics, dinner time or other times. Love your mother

    ReplyDelete