Thursday, April 29, 2010
YW Update
Just thought I would update on Danielle's situation. Tuesday, Danny decided he would start going to Mutual with the kids from now on, this week was a combined activity with the Stake Patriarch coming to talk. As Danny was going in, the sister's dad stopped him to ask about something unrelated, Dan then asked if his daughters gave him our message since we had not heard back from either him or his wife. He replied no and asked if there was a problem. Danny broke it down for him and explained that we teach our kids that it's ok to not like everyone, if there is someone you don't care for, just leave them alone. He told him that is what he wanted his girls to do, just don't talk to or about Danielle and just leave her alone. No apologies were needed if they would just do that. Danny also told him that they are lucky this was done in church, cause Danielle can have a temper like him and in school would've just punched the girls in the nose and moved on with her life. The dad apologized about 15 times during the conversation and admitted that his wife and daughters can come across like snobby rich people. Danny actually told him that was how we had them pegged. He stated he would talk with the girls and nip it in the bud tonight! Danny felt that he was sincere, and admitted he was wrong at least about the dad. The dad also admitted that maybe a punch in the nose is exaclty what his daughters might need, he said he knows that when the 2 of them are together they can be out of control. I don't know what will come from it, but at least Danny feels a little better. I guess we will see on Sunday! I have been working on my own feelings, trying to read my scriptures every day and trying to not form opinions on people before I really know them. I realized that I have also unfairly started judging people in the new ward and even in our stake as I attend Camp Mtgs...I don't want to be the grumpy, complaining, person that people try to avoid. I want to be myself and make friends with as many people as possible. Where is the old Kristi that can be herself and no worry about what others think...I am going to find her and start to enjoy this new ward AND girl's camp. Even if I think they do it ALL wrong in this stake. hahahahaha Oh well guess I will start over again! Thanks for the opinions that were given, I do think that Danielle will start attending at least Sunday School with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment