Sunday, April 25, 2010

Any Ideas...

If you couldn't tell I have been trying to get April caught up with everything that we have done. But I have decided to take a break from that to get some advice from any of you who are still out in the blog world.

Since we have moved, Kody and Danielle have had a hard time adjusting to the ward youth. None of them listen, not even the ones from the "good families". They talk through prayer, lesson or anyone trying to give an opinion. Today Danielle had had enough, when her Sunday School class was combined with the one younger than her. (Her teacher has moved and they have not called anyone yet) The kids made outlandish remarks, talked through everything, the poor teacher asked a few times for them to quit. The teacher actually banned anyone from leaving, since 2 sisters kept getting up and leaving whenever they wanted. Danielle started asking the kids to be quiet and listen. They would only laugh. She finally lost it and started getting mad, one boy who is plain out of control, made a pretty rude comment and Danielle yelled at him to shut up or she would punch him in the face. She ended up sitting by the 2 sisters who have gone out of thier way to be rude and make sure she knows she is not welcome in this ward. She overheard them talking about, "That goodie-goodie Danielle and her family" which was all she heard but it was enough. Danielle stated, "Hello! I am sitting right here, Do you not think I can hear you." They were shocked and were like, "We didn't think you would hear us..." She responded with "I don't know why people think you are the good kids in this ward, you are mean and don't listen." "We are good kids," They said. Danielle informed them that they had not ever welcomed her and made her hate coming to church. Then in YW, it continued, the Bishop taught, he actually had to move the 2 sisters to opposite sides of the room and they still contiued to talk and be disruptive. These girls I guess have been openly talking about Danielle in all their classes and activities. Danielle came home in tears, Danny was pissed, I am just sad. We tried to call the parents of the sisters, but they didn't answer, then we went by thier house and they weren't home. Short of letting Danielle go to class with us I don't know what to do. For 4 months I have asked her to keep trying and giving the girls the benefit of the doubt and they probably don't realize they are doing it...until today when I find out they know exactly what they are doing.

How do I handle this? Do I talk to the parents or let Danny unleash his fury? Do I just let her come with me and ignore it? Both the Bishop and YW leaders are aware of the kids feelings, I don't think they know what to do because they have been dealing with these kids for alot longer than we have. There are 2 YM that are WAY OUT OF CONTROL, hitting the other boys and things...it seems no one knows what to do and so they just don't bother.

Any ideas???

2 comments:

  1. My first thought (after out right ANGER), When I was a youth the missionaries brought an investigater to church a couple of times. One fast and testimony meeting the investigater got up, we thought to bear testimony. He got up and said, from the pulpit, that he would never come back to this church because of the way the people behaved, he didn't believe the spirit could be in our meetings. People behaved a little better after that.

    My second thought, Erna told me they had a special lesson in RS and Priesthood yesterday. The lesson was about lust and pornography which is at epidemic proportions in their ward. Sounds like you need to ask the bishop give a special lesson in your ward.

    My third thought, as a youth Erna did attend did attend the adult class.

    My fourth thought, you have a family with some very strong FAITH. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this is happening to you. I would say that sometimes there are situations where you have to let your kids take matters into their own hands, but with this situation I know I would definitely get involved. I would call the parents, and if that didn't help I would talk with the bishop. I would also give Danielle and Kody the right to defend themselves (well without violence) any way they feel like is appropriate.

    This is way out of control.

    ReplyDelete