Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Eggs and Baskets

Tonight we sat down to color our eggs the kids love this part of Easter. Sammy seemed to remember what to do, he grabbed egg after egg and plopped them into the cups. He just wanted more and more and more!


When I asked Sammy to show me the egg he would just laugh. What a nutball!






I don't know who likes it more, Danny or the kids. He was tired of having to be in charge of Sammy and asked me if I would put the camera down and join the family. He was actually getting mad at me. Silly daddy.
Here are all the pretty eggs in thier carton, I know there are 4 missing, that happened when I was getting ready to boil them and the carton slipped off the counter and 4 died. Oh well we have plenty I think.
Sammy didn't want to stop, he kept trying to put the already dyed ones back in different colors. This cute pic is when I asked what was wrong and he said, "More." In a pretty pitiful voice I must add.



Then we sat down to go through our April packet from mom. Sammy just wanted the plastic eggs, he loves to open them and dump out what is in them. I knew this was going to be eventful when Danny just started reading the papers from the packet, we had just made it through the couple of quotes, the idea was a great one about helping others and to take time to show others you truely care. When Danny reads, "This month pause and..." Kody farts, oh boy here we go it all starts to spiral out of control. Ask yourself "Will I be the one who sees the injured and hears his plea, yet crosses to the other side?" Then in our basket we got some plastic eggs with questions in them.


Sammy would grab the eggs out of the basket, then before he could open them we had them throw them to the kids, so they could open them and answer the questions.
The kids would open them then toss them back to Sam. The questions were to see how well we really knew each other. Name one of your Dad's uncles, Do you have a hero, If so who and why? As we went along the kids started getting a little more rowdy, they were tossing the eggs around and then Kody discovered a new talent. He can put the entire egg in his mouth.


We got to the last egg and it said to name one nice thing about each member of the family. This went pretty well, until I got to Kody and he still had the egg in his mouth and I was pretending to have a hard time coming up with something. Danielle blurts out, "He finally got a helmet to match his eyes!" Then we all started laughing. Eggs are flying, and it went crazy from here.



Sammy is jumping from the couches to the ottoman, kids are throwing eggs, not just lightly tossing, but chucking with all thier might plastic eggs at each other.
Here Lolo is the only one with an egg left, check out Kody and Danielle cowering from thier little sis, she is loving this.

Then someone hits dad, here is the wind up then the pitch...

Everyone is throwing now, it's all on, full out egg war.

Danny got hit again, he is asking "Which one hit me? Who hit me with this egg?"


This is when we stopped it and decided to try for a quiet rest of our evening. Kody, who by the way was the one who hit dad, had propped up the ottoman as a block, which didn't help cause Danny just stood over the ottoman and nailed Kody in the leg and butt with the eggs. All in all it was a great evening! I loved mom's basket and the questions she put in it, I loved coloring our eggs with the kids, they can be alot of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment