WARNING: VERY LONG POST WITH ALOT OF PICS!!!!!
Saturday we had a great day, 2 of the kids had activities in the valley and so we headed down for an exciting afternoon. Knowing we would have a few hours in between the 2 activities we called a few friends to try to hang out, but got no response. Mom had said she had something for us and would be close to where we would be, so we made loose plans to meet up with her at some point. We started with a birthday party for a friend of Danielle, whom she met at a Rotary Club Youth Leadership camp. We dropped her off around 51 ave and Campbell, then called mom. Mom and Auntie Shelley were hanging around Glendale at a Scrapbook Convention, so we made plans to meet in downtown Glendale. While there a game of tag broke out with Danny and the other three kids. Sammy played periodically, trading between his 2 Spiderman toys and tag. I took these pics while they all played!




I love how Danny gets into playing with his kids! Here he is "hiding" from Kody who is "it". What a great man, or a nut whichever you prefer! hahahahahaaa Below I believe is one of the quick tags from Lolo so Danny can get Kody for her! The kids love to make Lolo "it" since she runs a little slower, than they can out run her and make her really mad. Danny does the "tag me in" and then comes to her rescue.


Danielle decided she was ready to go at 3:30, the party had just started at 2:00, but she didn't know anyone other than the birthday girl and when we dropped her off, we knew it was not her preferred enviroment. I like that she is able to recognize when she is uncomfortable and removes herself from the situation. When we started to get ready to leave, Kody gave Sammy a quick skateboarding lesson, since the final destination was a skate demo. When Danielle was ready a little earlier than we planned, we had about an hour to burn. We had tried to call Danny's Aunt Denise but got no answer, we decided to just drop by. Sure enough she was home along with one of the cousins, Angie. We spent about an hour visiting with them then headed to Paradise Valley for a "Come Skate with Us" evening at the park with Hobo skateboards.
For the last couple of years we have toyed with the idea of starting our own skate brand. Due to a funny family dinner the name we came up with was Hobo skateboards. Danny and Kody have come up with numerous logos and write Hobo on everything, including Dan's welding helmet for work. One of his coworkers saw it a few weeks ago and asked if Dan if he knew those people too, Danny asked who? Apparently some friends of Joe, the coworker, in Scottsdale started the same brand a few years ago for his 4 sons who all wanted to skate. Since finding this out, we found thier website and bought Kody a board for his birthday. We also became fans of thiers on FB, they posted a flyer about this event. It looked like fun and Kody wanted to go, so we come to our final stop of the day.
Sammy loves skateboarding too, he can stand on one or push it all over. Kody and Danny dressed him for the event, including putting his hat on right. Cute isn't he, a little skater in training!

I couldn't help taking all of these pics, Sammy was way too cute trying to be like Kody. Kody spent alot of time watching, weighing the other skaters. I think he was a bit intimidated, it took him quite a while to get going. We finally told him to either skate or we were leaving, so he went for it.

Sammy REALLY wanted in!



Sammy gave up trying to get into the park and decided to let Spiderman have a ride.
Lolo got bored quick, and noticed a play ground. So the girls and I literally drug Sammy, he wanted to stay and get in the way of the skaters, away to go play.
We had a great time, and left Danny to help Kody gain his confidence so he would skate. I took so many pics I could hardly pick which ones to post.



Sammy finally gave in too and had a great time, he LOVES slides! Danielle had a great time chasing him around, until her and Lolo discovered the tire swing.

Eventually I called Danny to have him come push the girls, even with my new muscles they wore me out. lol I love the action in this picture, they had a blast! They both barely fit on the swing, since it was made for little kids, but it didn't get in their way one bit.


Near the end of the evening I discovered what I thought would be a sweet picture opportunity. We called Kody over and tried to set the kids up, Sammy wanted nothing to do with this part of the playground, and Kody was upset because he felt like he was sucking, and Lolo wouldn't sit still, the camera wouldn't focus with so much movement and this is the best one out of all the many pics I tried to get. So we headed back to the skate park, since it was getting dark everyone went back over to watch Kody skate for just a little longer.
Danielle took a great pic of her and Lolo. What beautiful daughters I have!

Then tragedy struck...when we got back they were starting a final best trick contest, most of the skaters went over to watch, so we let Sammy play around the bowl. Danielle and I noticed that Lolo was not with Danny anymore and took our eyes of Sam to scan the park for her, I had just shut my phone from texting Dan, when a boy skating in the bowl fell and his board shot out and nailed Sammy right below the eye. I'm not sure who was more upset, Sammy or the boy who's board hit him. He apologized a dozen times. Danny noticed I was holding Sam and that a few people had gathered around us, so he came running, and we explained what happened It took us awhile to calm down Sammy and of course he wouldn't let us put ice on it, so Kody graciously said that we could go. We finally got Sammy calmed down with the promise of food.

It was an instant lump, even as I bent down to pick him up, as the blow knocked him over, I could see the knot already on his face. I think it almost quadrupled in size just standing there. Once we made sure it wasn't his eye and that there was probably no bone damage we worked on calming all of us down, and then of course took pics.

We then discovered that we were so close to Sardella's Pizza & Wings, YUMMY!!!!! That helped all of us destress, and feel better.
Sammy gave up trying to get into the park and decided to let Spiderman have a ride.
Lolo got bored quick, and noticed a play ground. So the girls and I literally drug Sammy, he wanted to stay and get in the way of the skaters, away to go play.
Then tragedy struck...when we got back they were starting a final best trick contest, most of the skaters went over to watch, so we let Sammy play around the bowl. Danielle and I noticed that Lolo was not with Danny anymore and took our eyes of Sam to scan the park for her, I had just shut my phone from texting Dan, when a boy skating in the bowl fell and his board shot out and nailed Sammy right below the eye. I'm not sure who was more upset, Sammy or the boy who's board hit him. He apologized a dozen times. Danny noticed I was holding Sam and that a few people had gathered around us, so he came running, and we explained what happened It took us awhile to calm down Sammy and of course he wouldn't let us put ice on it, so Kody graciously said that we could go. We finally got Sammy calmed down with the promise of food.
It was an instant lump, even as I bent down to pick him up, as the blow knocked him over, I could see the knot already on his face. I think it almost quadrupled in size just standing there. Once we made sure it wasn't his eye and that there was probably no bone damage we worked on calming all of us down, and then of course took pics.
Of course when we woke up on Sunday, it had turned into a full out black eye and we have since dealt with the stares and questions that come from being with a toddler that has an ugly injury. Sammy used to tell people, "Bateboard, owie!" and point at his eye, now after telling so many people, he just points and says "Ow!" Needless to say that he will live as will I, even though I feel pretty bad for taking my eyes off of him. I know accidents happen, but still it's never nice when a little one gets hurt like this.
All in all though we had a great day, I loved seeing Mom and Shelley, and getting our March~12 months of Christmas packet. Loved playing with the kids at the park, watching Sammy and Kody skate and seeing Danny's Aunt Denise. These are the days we live for!
All in all though we had a great day, I loved seeing Mom and Shelley, and getting our March~12 months of Christmas packet. Loved playing with the kids at the park, watching Sammy and Kody skate and seeing Danny's Aunt Denise. These are the days we live for!
No comments:
Post a Comment