I discovered that I had hardly posted anything in the month of Feb. So here it is in a nutshell, warning there are a TON of pics in this one!
Mid-month I babysat the twin babies of good friends of ours, Megan and Jesse Aurich. What a fun day. Sammy decided he needed to lay down just like the babies and play. He enjoyed this til I added some of his toys into the fun. Then he decided that Kloee and Lincoln were not as much fun to have as he thought. I decided that women who have kids within less than 2-3 years are crazy! If you can handle it good for you, but I know that I would not. The twins were fun and we had a great day, only a few stressful moments, they didn't really sleep long and wanted to be held quite a bit. But I haven't seen them in a few months and I know they were probably unsure of thier enviroment. All was going well until I tried to lay Kloee down for a nap, in the playpen in my room, and Sammy dissapeared. I then heard her cry and discovered that Sammy decided she needed toys and threw some into her, hitting her on the head. Sammy was able to do this because I was trying to get Lincoln to sleep and giving him a bottle. So they were up for a little while longer. But all in all it was a good day and everyone survived!

Lincoln Aurich
Later that week we had a birthday, it is official I have 2 teenagers! Kody turned 13 this month. What a fun boy he is, despite the normal things that go along with a blooming future man! The only half listening has already started and the "I work so hard, why do I have to do so much" has also shown itself. heheheheheheee But he is back at sports and just made the soccer team at his new middle school. I am so proud of him in dealing with the switching of schools. At least socially he has done great, he has had a few issues with adjusting to new teachers, but his grades are on the way back up.


We took him to Denney's for his birthday dinner, he wanted breakfast and they were the closest place that serves it all day. While we were sitting at dinner I asked about a cake, since I didn't plan ahead and make one. He stated he wanted Twinkies piled up with either frosting or whip cream on top. So, after dinner I quickly ran into Walmart and believe it or not they were completely out of Twinkies, so he settled for cupcakes. I love it when they blow out the candles, it is so much fun to sing happy birthday and eat cake, I think it makes your birthday worth it no matter what else you get. By the way he did get spoiled too...he got a 2 yr subscription to his fave skateboard mag and a new board, which is a little bittersweet, for the last few years we have talked about starting our own skateboard brand and calling it HOBO boards.
Danny and the kids write HOBO on everything, well a co worker saw it on Danny's welding helmet and said, "Oh you know about HOBO boards too?" It turns out a family in Scottsdale already started it, so Kody got a HOBO skateboard just not his own design. Oh well!!! 5teen boards sounds kinda cool too, don't ya think?
Kody decided to show us a little happy dance as he came back from getting a diaper from Sammy's room. He grabbed Kong, a giant stuffed gorilla, and a fun hat and danced away!!!
Of course I spent more than enough time on the computer, FBing instead of blogging though. I love how the kids find the camera and play with it, there always surprises when I go to upload pics off of it!

Also in Feb. we had a "New home BBQ". It was so much fun, we had a good turn out, however I didn't think to grab the camera til evening when almost everyone had gone home. So, I didn't get pics of everyone, sorry. We had a blast and worked hard to decorate and get the house ready for everyone to see. If you notice my new computer desk, behind Ralphie, Danny built it that morning. I had only been asking for about 3 weeks, but better late than never! hehehehehee
Later that week we had a birthday, it is official I have 2 teenagers! Kody turned 13 this month. What a fun boy he is, despite the normal things that go along with a blooming future man! The only half listening has already started and the "I work so hard, why do I have to do so much" has also shown itself. heheheheheheee But he is back at sports and just made the soccer team at his new middle school. I am so proud of him in dealing with the switching of schools. At least socially he has done great, he has had a few issues with adjusting to new teachers, but his grades are on the way back up.
We took him to Denney's for his birthday dinner, he wanted breakfast and they were the closest place that serves it all day. While we were sitting at dinner I asked about a cake, since I didn't plan ahead and make one. He stated he wanted Twinkies piled up with either frosting or whip cream on top. So, after dinner I quickly ran into Walmart and believe it or not they were completely out of Twinkies, so he settled for cupcakes. I love it when they blow out the candles, it is so much fun to sing happy birthday and eat cake, I think it makes your birthday worth it no matter what else you get. By the way he did get spoiled too...he got a 2 yr subscription to his fave skateboard mag and a new board, which is a little bittersweet, for the last few years we have talked about starting our own skateboard brand and calling it HOBO boards.
Danny and the kids write HOBO on everything, well a co worker saw it on Danny's welding helmet and said, "Oh you know about HOBO boards too?" It turns out a family in Scottsdale already started it, so Kody got a HOBO skateboard just not his own design. Oh well!!! 5teen boards sounds kinda cool too, don't ya think?
Also in Feb. we had a "New home BBQ". It was so much fun, we had a good turn out, however I didn't think to grab the camera til evening when almost everyone had gone home. So, I didn't get pics of everyone, sorry. We had a blast and worked hard to decorate and get the house ready for everyone to see. If you notice my new computer desk, behind Ralphie, Danny built it that morning. I had only been asking for about 3 weeks, but better late than never! hehehehehee
As the night wore on we ended up with a couple of families just hanging out and to our surprise the entire YM/YW from Territorial showed up after the Stake Standards night. The kids were so excited to see everyone. These are just a few pics from that day!


Here's our friend Bree, we met her through the Academy of Performing Arts. She is alot of fun as is her fiance, Sean. They are trying to take Beth and Walter's place I think. They seem to hang out forever, which is just fine with us!!!
Sammy had a great time, he entertained the two younger Wilcken girls most of the night. Here they are watching a movie in his room, all piled on his bed. (Some might call him a mack daddy :P)
Telling stories with the Wilckens, they seem to be some of the only ones who have enough stories to keep up with Dan.
Since Kody's birthday was the week prior to the BBQ, he got to invite a few friends over, unfortunately Will was the only one who was able to make it. We like Will, he has a good sense of humor and is fun to be around, we were glad he was able to make it.

Audrey really enjoyed her giant cupcake that her parents brought from Costco, it was about the only thing she ate all night. But she had fun letting Lolo do her hair and then just being Audrey, she is one of the cuties from our Sunbeam class, last year.
When the youth showed, surprisingly a Mario Bros war broke out! They had so much fun! It really touched me that Jeanine would go out of her way to bring all of them over! Thanks Jeanine the kids loved having all of you guys here!

To end the month, we went to the Valley this last wknd. I am going to do a whole post on the weekend, but figured I would put a few of the pics in anyway. Danielle had a birthday party for a girl she met at her RYLA conferance, also Kody discovered that HOBO boards was hosting a "Come and Skate With Us" night at the Paradise Valley Skate Park, all on Saturday. So we loaded up and headed down for all the fun, while Danielle was at her party we drove over to downtown Glendale and met with mom and Aunt Shelley, Danny and the kids played tag.


The day ended with one black eye, see next post for more details, and pizza and wings at Sardella's...yum yum!!!
Here's our friend Bree, we met her through the Academy of Performing Arts. She is alot of fun as is her fiance, Sean. They are trying to take Beth and Walter's place I think. They seem to hang out forever, which is just fine with us!!!
Audrey really enjoyed her giant cupcake that her parents brought from Costco, it was about the only thing she ate all night. But she had fun letting Lolo do her hair and then just being Audrey, she is one of the cuties from our Sunbeam class, last year.
The day ended with one black eye, see next post for more details, and pizza and wings at Sardella's...yum yum!!!
All in all I think February was a good month, we got another teenager, finished decorating the house (mostly) had some fun times and fun peeps over! I will try to post more from here on out to keep from having to do such long posts, but I can't promise anything!!
Oh and I started working out...my legs have been so sore!
Oh and I started working out...my legs have been so sore!
No comments:
Post a Comment