Sunday, March 21, 2010

It Begins With a Tree...

The great idea began with a tree... Yesterday the weather was absolutely beautiful, so we decided to do some yard work. Danny was trying to climb the big tree to trim some of the branches while up in the tree he had an idea. "How about we put up a tire swing?" And so it starts, we had a tire he thought about using but it needed to be taken off the rim, so he called Big O and discovered they had a bunch of old tires we could pick through. So off him and I went, while driving there he admitted to never having a tire swing when growing up. Then I knew this would be a great adventure. We grabbed an old tie down that can hold up to 12,000 lbs...I think that is enough don't you? Hooked it up in the tree and away we went.


So of course being the leader of this little family Danny had to go first. Just to try it out and make sure it doesn't break and hurt anyone! We would of let him go first anyway, he put all the effort out. lol Then the rest of us got a turn...yes, ALL of us! As we got going Danny pushed even harder, the only downfall was that none of us could push as hard as he can, so his turn wasn't ever quite as much fun as the rest of us!


























You can tell by all of our faces that it was a BLAST!!!





I truely love Sam's face. He thought this was a great time and didn't want to get off, he did try it on his own but wasn't too thrilled with that plan. He loved swinging with dad though. This is a great thing about having a little guy, thier emotions are all over thier face.






No matter how high we pushed as long as he was with dad he was having fun!
Then they decided it was mom's turn...I tried to get out of it, but was told I had to get ON! So I did. This was a blast! Danny loved pushing me as high as he could, the more I screamed the harder he pushed. A good time was had by all, the yard work got scrapped and we spent hours on the swing! This morning more time was shared on it and I'm willing to bet that there will be many more hours spent on it!








This face is ALL emotion, I was not posing for the camera, Danielle climbed up the tree to get all the shots of me, they all loved this shot! Why is it so much fun to see mom tortured??


No comments:

Post a Comment