I was trying to be a good person and mother and watch conferance today. Danielle always enjoys watching it, and I love having it on in the house. Even if your not sitting and "watching" it you still absorb it and feel the spirit. So, I start sorting laundry during it and then prepare to paint the last wall in the living room. Right after the first speaker starts to talk, the power goes out. This was a universal problem for Chino Valley today. When it happened the first time, we weren't sure if it was just our neighborhood or what, so we discussed what to do, Danielle asked to go to the church. Now the whole point of watching conferance at home is that you don't have to get dressed or showered. Which was our case today, so I text a friend to find out if she had any electric or was at the church. Sure enough she was dark too. So then after 10 minutes and scrambling to make myself look presentable the power comes back on, as soon as the satellite reboots we get back to our watching and painting. Needless to say, a transformer blew and we had sporadic outages all day. We did get ready and go to the church for the potluck that the Paulden ward sponsered for all 3 wards in between sessions today, it was a good time and yes the church's power was down for a short time also.
It came time for the second session today and the power was going out every 30 min or so. Kody spent both sessions thus far in the extra room watching his skateboard channel and trying ignore us in the living room. Everytime we lost power you would hear GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! from the extra room. Then as the satellite rebooted, it has to go through 5 transponders and this takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes, Kody could be heard counting them, 2 2 2 2 2, 3 33 3. He was getting antsy to continue his skateboard shows. Finally at around 2:15 I had had enough. Being a little silly, and kinda serious I call for Kody.
"What?" he asks
"I need some priesthood power! Bless the TV or something to get this problem to stop!" I say.
Kody actually walks over to the TV and lays his hands on it. He thanks the Lord that we are able to have TV and watch conferance from home. He states how we are enjoying watching and asks that we have no more interuptions so that WE can ALL watch conferance and hear His word.
The power comes back on, and we all celebrate. I have to say that even though this started as a funny moment, I actually felt the spirit and knew that Kody was trying to help.
Kody then immediately runs back to his TV to continue the skateboard extravaganza, not 5 minutes go by before the power is off again. "GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!" comes from the extra room as Kody stomps out.
I ask him," What exactly did you ask for and thank Heavenly Father for?"
"That WE were ALL enjoying watching conferance and that WE would like no more interuptions." was his reply.
I say, "So, the Lord gave you what you wanted and what did you do with it?"
"I didn't watch and ignored what I asked for once I got it!" So he plants himself on the couch and immediatley power is restored. We then got to sit and watch the final 30 minutes of conferance uninteruppted. Danielle painted some high spots for me and gave Kody her notebook so she could shout the things she wanted written down from the talk. Kody enjoyed himself, at one point he askes "If I run to my room to get something do you think it will turn off? I will come right back?"
"I don't know," I reply, "run fast."
So he does and still no interupptions. Plus the power has been on the rest of the day with no problems! Kody taught us to make sure we are ready for what we ask for and not waste the miracles the Lord gives us. I loved that moment and watching my son learn a valuable lesson about prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment