Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bouncy Balls in the Kitchen.


One day this summer I heard laughing and "bouncy" sounds coming from the kitchen. As I walk in I notice that the kids have a small bouncy ball and are bouncing all around the kitchen. my first instinct was to yell and tell them to quit before they break something, however, as I looked around all 3 older kids were laughing and playing together. So, I watched for a little while laughing with them, when I felt it was getting out of control I started to say no more when Danielle laughed, "Just one more time!"
"Ok" I say. As she unleashed the ball by throwing it down as hard as she could is bounced all around the kitchen, eventually coming to rest in the utensil jar on the stove. I was just about to do the "See you could've broke that if it had tipped over" lecture when, cheers erupt as Danielle reaches in to pull out the bouncy ball! Lo and behold the ball stuck perfectly in the wire whisk. What an amazing trick! No way could she do that again, not that I let her try, I figured we would end on a fun note.

No comments:

Post a Comment