Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Welcome to our ool, notice there is P in it, let's keep it that way!

I think the "P" needs to stand for poop! I took Lolo and Sammy to the Chino Pool yesterday and some child felt the need to take a doodoo in it! We then sit for 45 minutes while the poor staff has to clean it out, Sammy falls asleep and I get some sunbathing in. When we get home Lolo says, "I think someone poops in the pool every time we are there!" I think back to last year and I think she's right! Last summer I was only working 2 days a week, so we spent 3 days at the pool, and I think at least once a week we had to take a "break" because some child had to go. As a parent I would be appalled if that were my child, of course you never really know which muffin dropped his raisins, but I definately take it as a learning experience. "It's no fun we have to get out of the pool, so they can shock it is it? Thats why you always need to get out if you feel a number 2 moment is about to happen!" Would that be so hard? Talk to your kids about cleanliness and consideration for others! They raised prices this year, so I paid $5 for Lolo and I to get in (Sammy is free), this is what I paid last year for all of us to get in. While I support the raise in price in order to keep our community pool open, it's no fun to sit and watch the poor lifegaurds have to be on poop patrol and waste 45-60 minutes of our swim time! I don't remember this happening at any time when I was in Phoenix, I'm sure it did, but I just don't remember happening as much!
Come on people, just because we live in Chino does not mean we have to live up to the reputation we have in the Tri city area. Do you really want to keep being the butt of every podunk joke there is? I don't. I try to change the image that is Chino, by showing that some of us know how to be real people. Please teach your kids that a "cement pond" is not really a pond and doing your doody is not appropriate!

2 comments:

  1. Oh so gross! I actually DO remember going to Roosevelt pool and having to get out of the pool to have it cleaned because of poop in it. YUCK! I guess you still haven't learned to go use the restroom. I just can't believe you are still blaming others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh terds...what would life be like without them?

    ReplyDelete