
Tonight I realized that I forgot to post this on Danielle' s birhtday. My little girl is 15. Here she is at 2 months old, with her great aunties! I was so excited when mom called to say that her and Aunt Shelley were going to drive up and that all the great-great aunties were coming too. Aunt Alice(Nanu), Aunt Jolane, Aunt Shelley and of course Aunt Shirley. We had a wonderful day, went to lunch at Murphy's then hit a few antique shops in downtown Prescott. Fifteen years seemed so far away then!

As she grew, she became so much fun! She loved to get dirty and do whatever Daddy did, fix bike tires, or hammer nails. She was such a little tomboy. I always told Danny that if we had a girl first, she would be all boy.

She liked to be goofy, always willing to put on a funny hat or these blow up reindeer antlers from seeing Santa at the mall. She is truely the oldest child. She knows what she wants and goes right after it, bossing everyone along the way.

She has always loved being a big sister. Here she is trying to help Lolo hold a chicken at Crow's Dairy. Lolo wanted one so bad, but could never get herself to actually hold it. Danielle stayed calm and kept trying everytime Lolo asked.

She taught Kody how to play dress up, and always included him in whatever she was doing. He was easy going and took her teaching,(bossing), in stride. Danielle loves to be the center of attention and has always tried to be a little adult.

She loves her family very much. Here she is with Grandma Janeen, probably at one of Grandma's church functions. Danielle has always had a deep love of church and God, she would gladly go with Grandma when she was little.

Always willing to strike a pose and take center stage. I can't believe that 15 years and 3 more kids have already passed. I can remember when it was just Danielle and I at home. Her and I reading books and watching Gullah Gullah Island together. How fast life goes when you only want it to slow down.

Danielle has always been able to hold her own with us adults, she has acquired her parents sense of humor and knows exactly how to use it. This pic shows her being pampered before Uncle Jason's wedding. She was the flower girl and loved having Me and Bethany spoil her! I could not believe how old she looked when she was done. She was 9 years old and too beautiful already!

She had a great time hanging out with all the older bridesmaids, while everyone got ready for the wedding. Once again 15 seemed too far away for me to worry about her growing older. Now with her first year of high school already done, and 6 months away from a driving permit, I wonder where did the time go. Am I really old enough to have a child almost ready to enter the world? I only have one more week with her this summer, as she prepares to stay at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University for the Upward Bound program. This will help her get a jump on next years classes and a better chance at college and scholarships.

She plays just as hard as she studies. School is very important to her and so is her soccer. Danielle has always been a very active child, from playing Tball to Dancing. We used to go through a big sports schedule with her, Soccer in the fall, then tball in the spring to swim team in the summer. At age 8 she was the only girl on her flag football team. The boys do not intimidate her at all. After that season of football, she opted to try dancing, which she did for 5 years and even some musical theater. She then discovered soccer again and has been playing that nonstop for the last 3 years.


Danielle is fierce in everything she does. She has a strong testimony of the Gospel and deep love for our Savior. She knows that school and education are important and battles to get good grades. She also has inherited my school spirit and trys to stay involved in school. She just recently got her Patriartichal Blessing, which told us all exactly what we already knew! That she will be a success in her career, whatever that may be, that she will have a family and be able to juggle both. I have no doubt that whatever she trys, she will tackle head on! I love this young women, who is not a baby anymore, I look forward to what she may be when she grows up! I can't believe that I raised such a strong Young Woman, who knows what she wants and does what it takes to get it! The world better look out, because she used to have a dream of being the first woman president and I think she could do it! At age 15 she already has more sense than Hilary and Sarah! I love you my Daniellie and am so glad you are part of my life!

No comments:
Post a Comment