
I am now the Willow Creek Camp Director. So in preparation for this year's camp we took some of the YW on a camp out to pass off some of the certification needed. We had a blast. Here is Jessica trying to set up the tent, while Vienna "helps".

Finally Danielle and Ashley come over to help.

One of the things the girls needed to pass of was cooking in an outdoor setting. Here Danny gives Ashley and Anna a lesson in tin foil dinners. We had each girl bring her own and then we sampled each of the dinners. Very yummy!
Early the next morning Danny was up getting our fire going for breakfast. Thanks to some clever family members, we did bag-o-omelets. Very easy and each girl gets what they want in their omelet and they all cook at the same time! Jessica got up and went to talk with Dan while the rest of us started to stir.

I guess camping wasn't that hard...especially when it is in the backyard of the YW's President's in-laws house. It was still fun, though. One of the plus's though was that we realized we forgot a few things, Sis Naylor was able to just run inside and borrow whatever we needed.
Here are Vienna and Ashley starting to tear down, aren't they cute?


Danielle and Anna working together on one of the tents.
I woke up to my car TP'ed, guess they were able to sneak out in the middle of the night while we the adults were sleeping and have a little fun. Isn't that what being together means? Glad the girls enjoyed each other's company.


Here is Sis Naylor picking up, with one of her daughers, the kids got to sleep inside with Grandma and Grandpa, but they joined us as soon as they got up!
Jessica being goofy as we finish up.


While we were eating breakfast, Ashley decided to try to fit in the kid's play car. It took her a little while, but she did it.
She was so much fun! I have to admit that I wasn't sure what to expect from some of the girls, Danielle has really struggled with this ward's YW. But I had so much fun and enjoyed each of them! Ashley was so much fun, as were all the others.


On the way out there was this fantastic old bridge. I made the girls that rode with me and Dan get out and take a pic on it. These three girls are all from Chino, Vienna, Jessica and Danielle. Vienna moved into the Willow Creek Ward about 6 months before we did, Jessica came along as Vienna's friend, and Danielle knows both of them from school. They each have a great future if they want to. Vienna and Jessica need a little guidance, but they can be great if they choose to.
I loved this bridge, I feel that some day we will bridge the gap we feel in this ward and learn to love everyone in it, just like in our previous ward. This was truely wonderful camp out and I began to love each of the girls that I will be attending camp with. I am looking forward to a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment