Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day started the weekend before the actual holiday, with a yummy breakfast at mom's house. Almost everyone was there and she made John Wayne eggs, mmmmmm, and then we had personal fruit pizzas for dessert. It was YUMMY!!! I love it when we all get together, the kids always have fun and it seems the adult do too.



My children decided they needed to go swimming...brrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Stetson figured out what was going on and came back across the road to play too. Sammy was almost blue when he finally decided it was too cold and needed out. What silly kids.


On the actual Mother's Day I got all these goodies, when I got home from the campout Saturday, Janeen and the younger kids had bought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, then on Sunday I got some flowers I can plant and lots of cards, both store bought and handmade! We attended church and then came home to have a picnic with Danny's family. The kids played all afternoon, Lolo had a friend over and eventually her mom joined us in the fun. Liz had her daughter and grandson with her, so even Sam had a friend to play with. We had a giant sub, veggies, and chippies, great day. Here are a few pics from the afternoon.

Kody took Sam and Tristan on one of his rides down the yard, both boys loved it!!
Uncle Joe tormented Lolo on the tire swing, while Audrey looked on.


Sammy pulled up a chair to enjoy the fun.
Janeen watched from the patio and laughed. The boys (her sons) wanted to get her on the tire swing, even with promises of not being too rough she refused.

Sammy eventually went in, I think the wind got to him, he loved looking at Uncle Joe through the door though. Joe would toss the football at the door and hit the pane right in Sam's face. After a while if Joe had the football, Sammy would put up his hand and yell, "NO JOE!" It was cute.
He also learned to share, when he wanted chips Danielle only gave one bowl for 2 two-year olds to share...riiiiiiight. It worked for a little while as long Sam had control of the bowl, we did get Tristan his own bowl though. That made it much easier.



I love this pic of the boys hugging mom! Don't they look like they love each other...little do you know that they are trying to drag her over to the swing.



She said she would get on as long the boys stayed on the patio, Danny told her he just wanted a pic of her on it. (Sure if you believe that you don't know my hubby that well!) So they went up and she jumped on quickly I snapped the pic and she got off. She said she could have seen the boys leaping over the rail and running to swing her....now there is a woman who knows her boys well!

I just wanted to end with a poem and some questions that were part of my home made cards.
Kody's poem:
For you are the greatest
Mom, you will hamburger me with your tongs.
For dad is King Kong, but you love him and that's not wrong.
We think about you everyday
Even though we are not paid.
For this family loves to play,
because we do it every day.
For when I look at you I
Smile because I am you little child.
Mother's Day!
This day is all for you!
So don't make it like poo.
Because I am Kody, You know that means...
I Love You!
This one are some questions that the primary presidency asked the kids and here are Lolo's responses:
You are prettiest when you...smile
You make me laugh when you...climb on Koko.
I love it when you fix...breakfast...for dinner.
If I were rich, I'd buy you...whatever you want.
Happy Mother's Day.
Another poem from Lolo, she did this one at school:
Makes me happy,
Oh so beautiful,
The best.
Has an awesome time,
Exciting to have you around,
Rather laugh than cry!
I love these kids, they made my day. Danielle just expressed her love for me in her card. I am truely blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment