Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Ward

So we started a new ward today. I am a little discouraged, but working to get over it. We only had one person come up and introduce themselves, the nursery leaders barely acknowledged us when we tried to drop off Sammy and they weren't even with the kids to watch them, we got there right on time and had to sit in the overflow right behind a family with 6 kids who NONE of them behaved, even the teenage girl who had another YW sit with them and they laughed and hit each other the whole time, the Relief Society Pres literally was like "Um, why are YOU here?" When I told them I was not a visitor. Danny said no one talked to him in Priesthood, Danielle said the girls in YW were like, "What is Chino? There's a ward out there? OMG" Kody felt the same in YM, but I do think Lolo had had a good time. A few bright spots, Russ Shumate's mom stopped me and introduced herself, very nice lady! The bishop said he was glad to have us, but that was after we found him when no one would help us find where everyone went after sacrament. The RS Secretary did come around and sit with me is class, and helped me find the new person form to fill out, she was also fun to swap comments with during the lesson, which by the way was given by Ronnie Bunker, so that made me feel more at home. I don't know if it was because it was Ward Conferance or what, but they just didn't seem friendly, very snobby feeling, almost thought we were in Mesa or Utah. That is NOT a compliment in case you were wondering.

I know it will get better, we just need to turn on the Oquist charm and I guess be the ones to say Hello! I will get over this in the next few days, I have heard both good and bad about this ward. One other bright spot is that when I introduced myself in RS one sister said, "She is Jennie Stephenson's sister!" Sometimes it is good to be "the" sister, I am glad that someone remembered Jen, I know she really liked that ward. I'm sure that all will come together, I will just have to put these feelings aside and open my mouth to make friends, it's not like I don't know how. Maybe I just really loved the warm feeling that comes from the Territorial Ward! There were no cliques there everyone talked to everyone and made you feel comfortable. Just know my treasured Territorial buddies I will greatly miss you.

My advice is to remember to always keep a smile on your face and greet any new face you see! Even if it is the hallway, they may be in another ward, but you can still meet them, you can NEVER have too many friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment