Monday, January 25, 2010

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Another bright spot about our weekend was having Beth and Walter over. Walter is home from S Korea and he has just under 30 days here with us til he and Beth report to thier new home at Fort Drum in upstate NY. Together they have had lots of ups and downs over the last few months. Some good has come, Beth has discovered our Lord and Savior, she has started a STRONG relationship with Him. I don't want to go into thier personal issues, but just know they have struggled with each other and have lost and found themselves along the way, although the trek is not over, they have started on a better path and I know that the Lord will help them get through anything as long as they keep the faith they have each recently found.
I love this pic and the one at he bottom of Danny and Walter sharing a blankie as we sit after dinner and watch a movie. We had a great time with them Saturday night, we barbecued and talked and ate some more...which seems to be what we do alot with them. lol I love that even though in the last 2 years we have seen Walter for less than 6 weeks total, we can jump right back to before he joined the army, that he and Danny can be the best of buddies as if Walter is here every day!

They brought Simba with them, or Bimba as Sammy calls him, Sammy loved having a dog here and if he weren't so allergic I would get him one. I snapped this pic as Sammy was trying to get as close as he could to Simba. We have greatly enjoyed our friendship with the Aduls over the last 5 1/2 years. They have become family and we are devastated to see them move so far away, but such is life! There is always a plan that we may not understand, but I strongly believe that the Lord knows what He is doing. Since we have been through so much change lately when we arrived at church Sunday and sang the closing hymn I was reminded again of how He knows us and loves us. I feel that the hymn was chosen just for the Oquists this day...I cried through the whole thing and was barely able to sing it. I'm not sure I have ever heard it before, but it is definately one of my favorites now.








Hymn #293 Each Life That Touched Us For Good
1. Each life that touches us for good Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord; Thou sendest blessings from above Thru words and deeds of those who love
2. What greater gift dost thou bestow, What greater goodness can we know Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.
3. When such a friend from us departs, We hold forever in our hearts A sweet and hallowed memory, Bringing us nearer, Lord to thee.
4. For worthy friends whose lives proclaim Devotion to the Savior's name, Who bless our days with peace and love, We praise thy goodness, Lord above.
Even though at this moment I am thinking of the Aduls, this song applies to any of the changes we have had this year alone...changing wards, schools, moving, I am comforted to know that all these people I have met for a reason, that they have all touched my life and hopefully I have touched thiers. As your life changes daily remember we meet everyone for a reason, you never know why someone talks to you or why you feel the need to talk to someone you don't know, just remember it is the Lord's desire you know that person and do all you can to enrich them. Live each moment as Jesus would and as our Heavenly Father would want, so that when you run into that person again you feel comforted to see a good friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment