Thursday, July 30, 2009

First Impressions

For some reason this memory popped up today and I know I had to share it.

About 2 years ago on a Sunday afternoon, church had finished and we were getting ready to leave. I came out of the Primary room and headed down the hallway, I turned right at the next corner and headed towards the Bishop's office where my family was. I'm not sure why were still there, maybe waiting on BYC or something for Danielle. Whatever the reason, I thought we were the last ones in the building, since we had the 1:00 time and it looked like everyone had left already. As I was cruising down what I thought was a deserted hallway I saw Danny waiting for me, slowly I felt something start to brew in my tummy...was it love, was it knowing that this man loved me and that we had 3 (at the time) beautiful kids, and I knew we would be together for eternity? Nah, just everyday gas. Giggling a little to myself, I decide to try to impress this man, so with out looking around, again I thought no one was there, I lift my leg and let the fart ring out in the hallway. All done in true Oquist style. He busts up laughing and tells me someone is behind me. "No way!" I exclaim. "Honestly!" Danny smiles in return. I do not believe him, since he is always trying to get me like this one way or another and I never turn around to check afraid he might be right. However, had I looked to the left when I turned the corner towards the bishop's office, I would have noticed a new woman in our ward sitting on the couch in the foyer with her new baby, Morgan. When we get to the car, Danny is dying laughing telling me how that new Sister Eddy was on the couch, my face is red and I am sooooo embarassed! I have often wondered what she thought and even avoided her for awhile, I was really surprised when she accepted a calling in the Primary with me as one of my counselors. hahahahaha

Although, maybe Danny really did pull a fast one, Brytani were you really there??? All the things we do together and you have still not yet told me what your first impression was of me. I hear that the first impression is the most important.

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete