Thursday, August 27, 2009

UNO!

Who doesn't love a game of Uno!? Tonight Lolo really wanted to play a game and spent the evening, since before dinner, carrying around three different games. UNO!, Phase 10 and the Phase 10 dice game. (Which if you love to play Phase 10, but the card game takes too long then get the dice game, same idea only with dice and much faster!) After dinner the kids got into some season premiers of their fave shows and I played on the computer, Danny went straight to James' XBox, and Lolo went from room to room asking to play a game. Finally I told her we would and to gather everyone to the living room. We all went in and decided to play the easiest and quickest out of the bunch. UNO! It was my family plus Chandler, we have a friend of Danny's staying with us and his son is here til next week) we pushed the nice oversized ottoman out to the middle of the living room, turned off the TV and sat on the floor around the ottoman to play UNO!

And boy did we play. Chandler asked how to play, because he had not played in along time and couldn't remember, Danny looked at him and said it's UNO! just play. "Oh ok, if that is all you have to do!" I remarked and then quickly explained the rules. Kody went after Danny the majority of the time and all Danny tried to do was get the draw 2 or 4 cards to stuff Kody's hand. Needless to say Kody had about half of the deck I think. We had a blast, every time Chandler would pause, Danny would yell, just play a card! Which ended up causing Chandler to reply, "I'm going to punch you in your retina!" This is one of Danny's sayings and Chandler just likes to repeat funny things people say over and over and over again. So this went on for a while. We then figured out how to hold on to our skips and reverses till they served a great purpose, at one time I was feeling like helping Kody out since Dan had been merciless with his skips and draw cards. I reversed the order, Danny then says, "No! I have a draw 2 for Kody all ready to go, looks like mom gets it now!" Which I did, after that move I decided Kody could fend for himself, he is 12 after all, I then got the brunt of Danny's card tricks.

Just after the reverse was played Kody was able to "smack" down a draw 2 for Dan, this then led to a sweet dance and Kody singing "My lumps my lumps my lovely lasdy lumps, check it out!" Why he picked that song, I'll never know but it was hillarious! After a few more rounds I tire of Danny ruthless onslaught of card choices and start to whine in my best whiner voice,"I wanna play!!!" Danielle quickly tires of this, as she is on the other side of me and reverses the play as soon as she can. To which I immediately quit whining. Kody somehow manages to get through his card down to 1, before he has even set down his 2nd to last card Danny is yelling UNO! and telling him to draw 2 for not yelling UNO! first. This happens twice before I tell Dan he has to give the person the chance to say it themselves! While this is going on no one notices that Chandler has made it down to one card, he quicky puts it down and announces he wins. We try to decide if that is ok, since he did not yell UNO!, but if we were too busy being rowdy to notice then it is our own fault.

Lolo then trys to start a whole new game. We talk her in to playing UNO! again. This game goes much the same. Only this time Danny is telling Chandler, "It's not chess you either have a card to play or you draw! GO!" To which Chandler replies, "I'm going to beat the fire out of you!" (Another one of Dan's sayings) Meanwhile Lolo is just laughing and happily playing. Danielle and I are leaning against the couch and each time she laughs or says something she pushes the couch back. I then yell, "Quit moving the couch!" To which she pushes on purpose just to see me jump. Meanwhile Sammy has been sitting either in my lap or Danny's and reaches up to push the draw pile into the discard pile or try to take off with everyone's cards. We give him about 3 and he just trys to put them in our hand or push them into both the draw and discard piles. As this game starts to wind down, I suddenly realize I have only one card...It is the third person's turn after mine and I suddenly yell, "UNO!" Chandler makes up a rule that I have to draw, because I keep my cards in lap instead of up on the ottoman where everyone can see. I argue that only adults can make up rules, since earlier in the first game Danny had tried to say I didn't yell UNO! when I was supposed to, but I really had 2 cards left, so I said he had to draw 2 for yelling at me when I didn't really have UNO!. Chandler asked if that was a rule, and I said now it is!

That was the end, because Danny had said something to the Chandler again and so Chandler leaps over Kody and tackles Dan, then Kody piles on and all out wrestling match begins. Lolo is pouting, because she want s to keep playing, so Danielle and I try to play the dice game with her. Sammy climbs onto the ottoman and catches the dice as we roll em. Then when you ask for them back, he chucks his handful of dice at your face. Meanwhile the boys have inflicted some pain on Danny, to which you hear, "Thats it I'm done!" Then he sits on the couch, like the kids who is always it and then quits when he can't catch anyone. Since our dice game has been foiled by Sam-man, we decide to give a rest. Lolo is not neccessarily happy with this, but decides it's best. We end our fun-filled evening with high's and lows and prayer.

Game night anyone???

1 comment:

  1. My roomates and I used to get some pretty awesome games of UNO going. We had all these crazy rules, I'll have to teach them to you sometime, they make it so Danny can get some of his crap back! And that phase 10 dice game, jd and I played it over and OVER again while I was in labor. Just hearing about it gives me contractions...

    ReplyDelete