Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day





What makes us mothers? The latest fashions? Cool shoes? Hair? A job? Unfortunately no, because those are the easy things. Being a mother is dressing kids up for 80's day, putting 6 cousins on a trampoline and running around to catch any that fly off. Watching the first softball game of the season, and being surprised by self taken pictures of our "handsome" boys when we upload pics off our camera.













Being a mom is defined by our kids, my sister always says "you are who your kids are." I agree. So what do these kids say about me? I'm a little worried to think about that, but lets try. It looks like I like to have fun, and can be a little goofy. That I am a happy person, I like softball
and soccer. That we all like to use the camera to take goofy shots of ourselves.















I believe all 4 of my kids do a pretty good job of showing who thier mother is. I would like to think that I can be athletic, although at the moment I am a "little" out of shape, but adult co-ed softball starts this week, so I should get a little in shape. I like to think that I am easy to get along with. I try to get to know everyone around me and make them feel comfortable. My kids have seemed to also have this talent, each in their own way. I like to show school spirit, I think it's important to be happy where you are and help others with that. I try to teach the kids that family is most important and that even though we tease mercilessly it's still important to help boost each others confidence when it's needed. My kids understand backing each other up when someone is being mean to one of them. Even if you feel your sibling my be at fault in the situation, you still need to be on thier side. It's important to work together. I feel that I have given each of the kids my love of dance and music, with those two things you can keep yourself happy. Nothing beats humming a favorite tune when your feeling down, or swaying back and forth to your own beat. (Even if this is in the supermarket or your car)



I have tried to teach them that life is too short to worry about everyone's opinion. Even though, I get my feeling hurt sometime I try to get over it and move on. I have taught them to accept everyone for who they are, that you can't change them. Even if they don't follow the same beliefs we do, they are still Children of God and deserve to be treated that way. As I look at my children in all their goofiness I know that when they think I'm not watching they try to do what I have taught. That even though they can be obnoxious they still know when to be calm...well most of the time. :)
I hope so far I have done a good job. I hope my Heavenly Father is proud of me and my children. I hope my children know that I love them for all that they are and all they will be someday.





I wish you all a late Happy Mother's Day and that as you look at your children you see the good in yourself! Good job and keep raising America's future to be strong and proud!











1 comment:

  1. I sure love you so much! I have loved being able to read your blog and learn more about you and your family each day. I hope you had an amazing mother's day. You sure deserve it!

    ReplyDelete