Monday, December 7, 2009

Finally the Turtle Pics Come!

Halloween! Woo hoo!!! I know that I am a little late, and I apologize mom if you thought that Sammy didn't wear the costume, he did! The ring of fire was only for the party. By the time I got around to locating green sweats for the turtle costume, I could only find a green turtle neck, and then camo pants. I debated running over to the other Walmart, but decided that what else would a Chino turtle wear, but Camo! So here is Sammy as the Chino Valley turtle! I didn't think he would wear it, all month he has loved playing with the costume and saying ,"Toottle" but when asked if he wanted to try it on would give a loud "NO!" We weren't sure what to expect, but when it came time to get dressed, he was excited and ready to go! He loved saying tootle and he must of just knew that something good would happen if he would wear it! He soon found out just what Trick or Treat meant!


Just because Kody is 12, does not mean he is too old for Halloween, I love this especially since I trick or treated all the way through high school. This year he went as "Random Man", a creation truely his own! He loved piecing together old costumes and sports equipment to come up with this truely random costume!


Before we left the kids decided to give Sammy a quick lesson in what to do. Although he didn't get it yet, he would before the night was over. The kids kept prepping him all night and before long he could say "Twick o tweet". Danielle went as something called Pajama Sam, this was in conjuction with one of her friends for thier Halloween dance at school. She wore red fishnets, smiley face boxers, and a shirt they created. Lolo went as "Grandma in her nightie". At least all my kids have an imagination and you never know what you will get from them!


After the lesson, and Sammy tried to play in his house instead, we loaded up to go get some 50 cent corn dogs and then CANDY!!!!!









And here is the haul! Kody was excited to get Milk Duds, and Danielle was excited for Reese's Peanut Butter cups, Sammy and Danielle shared a bag this year.





Lolo was just excited for anything candy! She struggled for a minute with Sammy just going pile to pile and getting whatever he wanted, but after I explained that it would all end up in the same bowl anyway, she was fine.


I think I should have taken a pic of the sugar coma all this induced, or the pockets on Sunday morning before church as the kids tried to sneak all thier candy out with them. (Your welcome Territorial Ward for not letting them take as much as they wanted!) It was a great Halloween, although had we known the Lowry's were giving away chili dogs and hot chocolate, we would have skipped the corndogs at Sonic. Oh well there is always next year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well it is about time you started blogging again! Hope everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I really enjoyed your pics. Let me know when you are going to be down again.

    ReplyDelete