Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dancin Machine!


Sammy LOVES music! Just about all genres too! Lately he has discovered a new Nick Jr show, it is jammin. All I have to say is that it's time for the Fresh Beats and he goes running into the living room singing, "lalalalalalalaa", this is part of their opening and ending song. The show is about 4 friends who have a band, only they "hip, hop and pop" not sing nursery rhymes or repetitive songs. They play, a keyboard, techno-drums, an electric guitar and a turntable, then they dance, but actually break dance, pop n' lock and use up to date moves. Sammy tries to copy some of them and kicks his legs in the air. His favorite song is their ending song, "It was a great day!" In the dance they do they cross they're arms over thier body in true Run DMC style, Sammy thinks this is fantastic! He will mimmick it as soon as he sees the move.

Here he is shaking his groove thang with the show. Needless to say this isn't Barney! It's a whole lotta fun. I even have figured out the choreography to the end song and Sammy and I bust a move together! He is hillarious! I have a TON of videos of him cutting a rug, but can't get them to load on blogger or facebook. Not sure why, if someone would like to give some advice I would appreciate the help. Everyone needs to see his moves!


Here he is doing the Laaaalalalaa, at the end of the show. If he sees a pic or you mention The Freshbeats, he immediately launches into the lalalalas. I love this kid, he is definately mine. His other all time favorite is the Zac Brown Band.

You know them they sing, "Chicken Fried" which is Danny's favorite song these days. Yes peeps, he is going country. Danny treated himself to the CD not long after the song came out, however he tells me that a "regular" at the shop bought it for him. While, Sammy loves the whole CD, his favorite is track #6-Mary. It is an old time country sounding, blue-grass twanger of a song. I actually love it. Even, though I am not a huge fan of newer country music (it's not really country anymore) I do have a deep love for old school country, when they played the steel guitar and fiddle, now thats country! The Zac Brown band definately sounds like some good ole Oak Ridge Boys, or Alabama if you ask me. Sammy recognizes the music as soon as we turn the CD on in the car, his face lights up and he bobbs his head in his carseat. Now, if he happens to be out of his carseat when track 6 starts, it's on! He twirls and kicks and waves his hands in the air, his bottom starts to bounce! It's hillarious. Danielle and I turned it on this morning on the way to school and he could barely contain himself! Trent, we carpool with for school, thought this was fantastic and even found himself bobbing his head to keep Sammy moving. When the song is over Sammy actually sings, Mary Mary! To get us to play it again.
So next time you see this little shaggadelic redhead just ask, "Are the Fresh Beats on?" Hopefully he'll give you some lalalalalas!




1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious! I love Zac Brown Band too, but haven't bought the cd... I guess that is one I will have to go get! We really need to get together soon, when do you think you will be down next? Let me know and maybe we can work out a night and go to see a movie or go to dinner? Just the four of us!

    ReplyDelete