Since my last post and the kid's fall break I have been on a self destructive spiral that has lasted entirely too long. Due a bad decision on my part, it seems I have been trying to destroy my marriage and my personal line that leads to our Heavenly Father. This has showed me that I have been unhappy for awhile with things around here and I have given up trying to make it work, just living life as it comes and doing the bare basics to get by daily. So when my "mistake" happened in October I have been depressed and had just about conviced myself to do some things that are entirely wrong, but in my circumstances they would be ok. After this last weekend I have found some clarity and am feeling better, whether I have fixed my line of communication with the Lord or the pharmaceutical help the Doctor prescribed just over a week ago is finally kicking in or the 2 are working together, who knows. But after another fight with the hubby on Saturday I finally stood up for myself and decided I would survive whatever may come from my actions. Thankfully we worked through things are moving forward, while the issue is still on my mind, it is not as pressing and I know that if I trust in the Lord that all will work out in the end. On Thanksgiving the saying "Trust in the Lord" has been popping up randomly in my mind, especially at times when I am feeling unhappy. The warm feeling that comes with that statement is back which is what I have been missing over the last few weeks. Hopefully things will continue to move forward and progress. I was thinking about how I could keep moving forward myself, besides the normal scriptures and daily prayer, and a friend, who suffers with the same issues, mentioned a craft day yesterday. So I agreed, feeling the need to create something, and went through some quick ideas that I could throw together, since I have not touched my scrapbook and crafty items in over a year. I grabbed what I had then hit Walmart on the way out to her house. What a great idea that was! It felt so good to talk with someone who understood how I was feeling and then to create something with my own hands. Plus as a bonus I made it for Lolo, who had a bad morning and I didn't help by yelling before school. Here is my garland for Lolo's room that is proudly hanging for all to see! Crafting really is therapeutic. It was amazing how good of a mood I was in all evening, I can't wait to launch into some other crafts I have been thinking about making. I am thankful for the Lord and His loving touch, for beeing able to create, and for pharmaceutical help, even if I never thought I would need it!
Kristi I am sorry you are going through something, but when I am feeling down I always think about "this too shall pass". I know things will work itself out... however, I strongly believe that creating something by doing some type of craft is healthy for the soul. I am glad you found some comfort in that. Hope all is well.
ReplyDeleteTop 5 High-Quality And Best Routers for office Click here to read the full article
ReplyDelete