I tried to keep busy with the kids in June, we only had 2 weeks with Danielle before she disapeared to ERAU for 6 weeks, so we played hard. Sammy loves the water and pool, here he is with Kody and Lolo standing guard at the CV pool.


I had a gourd day with Auntie Shelley right before the 4th of July show and the kids played at mom's. Danny took the day off and drove us down so he also played with the kids. Shelley ordered pizza for lunch and invited everyone over, so we got to enjoy Tobie and her kids too!

Tobie was babysitting Damien for Robert so lucky for us we got to see him too. He is growing up so fast, getting to see him only once or twice on holidays and summer is just not enough.


On the fourth Sunday of June I got to teach my first lesson in RS. It went pretty good! I taught from 2 talks on Priesthood and Blessings.
I had a gourd day with Auntie Shelley right before the 4th of July show and the kids played at mom's. Danny took the day off and drove us down so he also played with the kids. Shelley ordered pizza for lunch and invited everyone over, so we got to enjoy Tobie and her kids too!
One of our fave things to do in the evening or any time we are all home, is to play UNO. We had many nights of UNO battles, did you know that UNO is a contact sport? It is when the Oquist's play! Sammy just likes to be at the table with us, we give him cards from the decks that are missing cards and he adds his toys to the mix and into our game. Having a 2 yr old around is good fun these days!


I tried to get a few gourds done before we went to GAS's(Great Aunt Shelley) house. Danielle decided to help on one of her weekends home, here is her posing with the drill and getting ready to clean the innards out, and tan of course too.
We continued to play softball, here is a picture of Sammy locked in the playground at Pioneer Park. And of course the Roar is always along for the fun!


Danielle and I attended Girl's Camp and had a blast! It was just what we needed to get to know the girls in our new ward. Things are not 100% better but we have a better understanding of those girls and hope they feel the same way about us.
Danielle and I attended Girl's Camp and had a blast! It was just what we needed to get to know the girls in our new ward. Things are not 100% better but we have a better understanding of those girls and hope they feel the same way about us.
As a YCL Danielle opted to take the 4th year hike again, here she is with Kendall Peterson as we dropped them off to start the hike.

The day before she left for the 4th year hike, Danielle decided it was time to cut all her hair off, at least she donated it. Which was part of her plan all along. Did you know that if you donate your hair to Locks of Love that Great Clips gives you a free hair cut? AND they handle getting the hair to the charity. You don't have to do anything! Just remember you get what you pay for, and even though they tried to style it, it was still a free haircut and a few weeks later we had our good friend, Beth who was visiting, fix the haircut. But the fact that I didn't have to find the info any where and handle the hair is worth the free haircut! I think she looks way cute!


I was so excited that Danny decided to sit back down at his piano again. I love watching him play, it is one of the things that attracted me to him. The piano is such a sweet sound that I could listen to someone playing all the time.

Part of our Summer routine is to attend the summer reading program at the Chino Library. On those days we just have a Chinopalooza, we do free lunch at the school and then head to the pool for some fun in the sun. On one of those days the kids discovered the lost and found box, they thought this was so much fun, I almost thought we could do without the pool because they were having so much fun, the feeling was not mutual. lol
Sammy loved the box, though and did not want to leave, until he realized it was to go to the pool, he is such a funny little kid.

Here is Sammy trying on some bunny ears during one of the library programs. He wasn't really too interested in them, he like playing with Kody and hiding under the chairs better.

I was so excited that Danny decided to sit back down at his piano again. I love watching him play, it is one of the things that attracted me to him. The piano is such a sweet sound that I could listen to someone playing all the time.
Part of our Summer routine is to attend the summer reading program at the Chino Library. On those days we just have a Chinopalooza, we do free lunch at the school and then head to the pool for some fun in the sun. On one of those days the kids discovered the lost and found box, they thought this was so much fun, I almost thought we could do without the pool because they were having so much fun, the feeling was not mutual. lol
Sammy loved the box, though and did not want to leave, until he realized it was to go to the pool, he is such a funny little kid.
Part of Girl's Camp this year was friendship beads, each person attending camp was given around 30 wooden beads to decorate and then be ready to trade at camp with others. It was a way to get to know others and meet new friends, it went over pretty well. Here are my #15 billard ball beads. They were fun to make, after the long hours of figureing out what should go on them, thanks to Danny who drew the design.

Sammy enjoys his gymanstics class at the Y, but in June EVERYONE was around for his class, the good news is that I got to take pictures since usually it's just him and I, and he requires constant watching. But that also meant EVERYONE wanted to help or be a part of his class. Lolo tried, Danielle tired, even Kody but eventually I had to take over so he would listen and pay attention. I had to send the kids out to sit down and watch since he wanted to play with them instead, or be goofy and just show off for his brother and sisters.

The month started with our June Kids Club. Once again EVERYONE went, including Lolo's friend Audrey. The older kids had more fun than Sammy dancing and entertaining everyone around them. Also since it was the week of Danielle's birthday she got to sit with Dewper as we all sang to her, and even got a free whacky pack from Sonic.

Ian is even getting old enough to have a good time, look at that face I think he is thoroughly enjoying all that Persephone and Dewper have to offer. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment